Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Green Irish Valentine




-->


Life experience inspires me to write, and traveling has always been a near unparalleled life experience for me. Traveling pushes us into these unfamiliar territories so that we may see how highly developed our instincts are. How capable we are of intuitively moving through any situation we are in and finding an area of expertise, a system of support, and a link to our surroundings. In doing this, we learn much not only about our surroundings, but also much about ourselves.

I came across this “My Destination” contest one random night while not searching for anything in particular. But if you know me you know I believe nothing is ever random and I chuckled to myself at manifesting such a great opportunity. The deadline for the application was just two short weeks away. I knew It would be difficult to write, shoot, edit a film but I wanted to give it a shot, because film, writing, traveling, moving and thinking are all things that I love and do well. I am not quite sure if I will get it the opportunity (I know I don’t have the votes) but either way I am happy.

I cannot control what appeals to the judges, but i will keep writing and keep filming and taking pictures and learning and traveling regardless. Although, this IS an amazing, life changing opportunity, I know it isn’t the only one on the horizon for me. If I do get this opportunity then we are all in for a treat, as I love working working working and honing a craft and to do it while being paid AND traveling is a very beautiful reality. But I am detached from the outcome- which DOES’NT mean I don’t care if I win- I want to the opportunity. But I am detached in that I Don’t take it personally if I do not “win”. I didn’t do it for some certain outcome. I did it because I loved to. I did it because these are the types of endeavors that nurture my soul and feed me. It feels good to do this.  I did it intending to be a finalist-yes, but I am content with the final product and the experience and ready for more no matter where they are.

Anyways-

I had no time to plan and as I am live all over the place, I didn’t know where I would be able to shoot the video. I do love the city of Chicago. Like many many places I have been on Earth, it is just a city that always puts a smile on my face-Even if I am there just a weekend.
This is my green Irish Valentine to the city of Chicago. It was filmed with minimal planning on short notice with a lot of improvisation. I am so grateful and proud of two dear friends (Nika Blake and Juan Herrera, who shot the piece). I am pleased with the way it came out as work and am SO proud of them.

 Enjoy my green Irish Valentine to Chi City, and although it is too late to vote for me, sending your love and good vibes means just as much to me, if not more. Much gratitude for it all. 









No comments:

Post a Comment