Monday, December 3, 2012

Dreams from Kenting, Taiwan



-->
 I had this dream during my travels in Kenting, Taiwan. It stuck with me because its meaning and lesson were as apparent and valid as anything. Photo: Rudy Randa Guanshen Sunset near Kenting, Taiwan.

I was with my brother, and we were in a non-descript urban area. We parked our car and got out, walking to some unknown destination that was a short jaunt away.  All of a sudden, a car whizzed by, but as I watched it time froze and was then moving as if barely thawed. Angry faces and gunshots rang out.

 Are they aiming at us?

 For what?

 I was not hit but I look to my brother, and he had been shot in the arm and in the side. He wasn’t bleeding profusely and he said he was OK. But seriously, he was still shot, TWICE. I put him in the car and stepped on the gas to head to a hospital .

 Manic driving from a madman, running red lights, passing cars, going into oncoming traffic and driving fast, 

                                                                         incredibly fast. 

I look over to my brother. He is conscious and as insane as my driving is, coupled with being shot twice,  is as cool as the aforementioned frozen time. A motorbike cop and a squad car took notice and started in pursuit. I ignored them and kept driving, causing accidents in my wake. We arrive at the hospital and my brother is hanging in there. He is hanging in there but he is starting to lose consciousness.

Hold on dear brother, hold on.

The cops see him bleeding and back off as I scream at them that my brother has been randomly shot and that he needs medical attention. I take him into the emergency room, and the nurse looks at my brother and looks at me, and says that I need to fill out the paperwork before they can admit him.
FINE! FINE! Give me the form so he can be attended to and saved! She turns around and grabs a stack of papers that seemed to be one foot high.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

This is NONSENSE!!!

JUST GET TO WORK!

I’m sorry she says and looks coldly into my eyes. She is fortunate there was a plexi-glass window between us, as I felt  like grabbing this cold hearted nurse and choking her until she was blue.  AHHHH! Frustrated I grab the stack of papers. If I work diligently, if I concentrate, I can get this done in time. 

I wake up.  

Whoa. That one seemed so really real. But what does it mean?

I have to write and write a lot to save his life.

Dreams are often open to much interpretation, but this one was clear to me. If someone is your brother, than you are one and the same with him-A reflection of each other. I am my brother. He is me. I need to write to save my own life, and it was true. At the time of this dream I needed to write more, and I am and will continue to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment